Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What is Your Typography I.Q.?

Recently as I was exploring other blogs about design, I came across How About Orange..., an interesting site featuring crafts and treasures for your home. There they had a link to The Rather Difficult Font Game where you are given a word or numbers in a certain typeface and you have to identify the font. As a graphic designer, I should have done better, but I admit it has been a long time since I studied up on typography. I scored 22 out of 34 - I'm so ashamed. In addition to trying to learn French, I guess that is one more thing I will need to brush up on!

Also in my explorations, I discovered a site that features a tool that helps you to create a background for your website or blog. You can choose your background and foreground colors, the size, angle, and shape of your pattern. It's easy to use, however, as a designer and a control freak I wish I could do more to customize; but it's easier than creating my own from scratch.

No comments: