Friday, August 15, 2008

It's All in My Head ... Right?

Tell me, why do I insist on torturing myself? My husband has been gone since Sunday on a business trip, so it is up to me to provide a secure and pleasant environment for my children and for myself. So, why in heaven's name would I allow myself to get sucked into watching a movie on TV about spiders? Arachnophobia. Why, why would I watch such a thing considering I severely dislike bugs, spiders in particular ... and grasshoppers, but that's another story.

I don't watch much TV, especially in the summer. I have been doing a great job of keeping myself busy to pass the time until my husband gets home. So I am completely puzzled as to why I would not immediately push the off button but instead watch in suspense, unable to turn away from the disgusting, creepy crawlers. All day long I have had the feeling that bugs are crawling on me. In the car I scared my daughter as I screamed, pulling at my hair because I was sure that a spider was moving around on my head. Last night as I was taking the garbage out, I saw a huge arachnid on my driveway. After that movie I am now convinced that it is a Venezuelan killer spider that has set out to breed and come after me. Or is it all in my head? Man, I hope so!

No comments: