Monday, December 1, 2008

On The First Day of December My True Love Gave To Me ...

... The Curse of Clumsiness!

November went by so fast! It feels like it was just Halloween and here I am on December 1st, listening to a Bing Crosby Christmas album on the record player, driving on slippery roads, and trying not to panic that I barely have any shopping done!

To further my strange mood, I went to Starbucks today because they have joined the (PRODUCT)RED efforts in saving lives in Africa. If you buy a specialty drink from them they will donate 5¢ of the cost to the Global Fund. I thought to myself that I might as well support such a cause and get a great cup of coffee while I am at it.

I ordered a Peppermint Mocha Twist, which is usually too sweet for me at 9:00 in the morning, but I was feeling festive. It was delicious ... that is the three sips of it that I had. I managed to carry my drink and my son to the car without slipping on the black ice in the parking lot. I managed to successfully open the door and get my son into his car seat. Then I managed to bump my full coffee cup and all of the contents spilled onto the asphalt. My precious - and may I add, expensive - drink is now a wet mess on the ground. At least some of my money is going to a good cause, even if I never had the chance to enjoy my blissful concoction.

On a good note, my son had a great old time because the barista who made my drink asked if he could give my boy a cupful of whipped cream. I thought it was a strange offering, but let me tell you my son LOVED it! But then, who wouldn't love a cupful of whipped cream?

My drink had whipped cream. Peppermint whipped cream. With chocolate shavings. Sigh.



1 comment:

PeePaw said...

Brewed Coffee ... Black ... and a donation to "Red". Now that is what I'm talking 'bout!