Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Saturday In The Park

The last couple of days, a certain song has been playing over and over in my head: Saturday in the Park by Chicago. It just seems like a very fitting song for my day at the park with family I had this last weekend.
Now, I don't recall there being a "man selling ice cream" and it was the 11th of July instead of "the Fourth of July", but it was a "real celebration"! It was great fun meeting up with my mom, my two sisters and brother-in-law. There was picnicking, playing, smelling of the roses, laughing and chatting. Since members of my family are spread out between Oregon and Colorado, it is a rare treat to come together. It is my hope that the next time we gather that everyone could be there. We just need more reasons to celebrate, that's all!


It was warm and overcast on this day, which made for ideal conditions to take photos, walk around, play with ladybugs, and wear sandals and shorts. Unfortunately, my son got some gravel in his sandals (as seen in the lower middle image).


Here my sisters and I pose (silly, and then serious) for a rare photo of the three of us. And yes, we are related though we look so different!


A wonderful family portrait (and very lucky that everyone was smiling)!

Ah, it was a good day indeed.

1 comment:

PeePaw said...

I was smiling just looking at these photos! Thank You!