Sunday, October 4, 2009

Feeling Knitty

So, here we are on the 4th of October and it is snowing. Seriously. It's not accumulating, but I can see the white flakes falling, causing me to want to retreat into my cozy house, wear sweats, drink hot tea and take care of my under-the-weather little girl. I also have a hankerin' to knit.

I know that it is a bit early to be thinking about Christmas, and I don't mean to go there, but I saw these Felted Christmas Trees on the Purl Bee website:

I think they would be super fun to make, now that I am an expert on knitting-in-the-round and increasing/decreasing. They probably wouldn't take too long and would fit in with my Christmas decorating style perfectly. I adore the little colored French knot "ornaments" and the rounded bottoms. Plus, these decorations would be difficult for little hands to destroy, unlike glass ones.

But alas, I shouldn't stray from the task at hand: my Tangled Yoke sweater that I started in August. My goal is to have it finished by Thanksgiving and I have to admit I am feeling a little pressed for time.

Look, it's a sleeve!

I have the torso, one full sleeve and the cuff of the second sleeve completed so far ... and I haven't even begun the hard part yet! However, I am enjoying the project and can't wait to wear my new sweater when it is finished, and get started on another knitting adventure ... whenever that will be.

1 comment:

Towanda said...

I love these little Christmas trees. I went to the Purl Bee to find the pattern and I am going to try some for this Christmas.