Tuesday, December 1, 2009

That Christmas Feeling

I'm hoping this charming toadstool snowman ornament will get me into the Yuletide mood.

I returned from my Thanksgiving trip to find that many of my friends have already found and put up their Christmas tree. Feeling a little behind everyone else, I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit. I am no Scrooge, I am just finding it difficult to get there.

Of course, it WAS still November.

Last week I bought a couple of ornaments to go on our tree this year and it is our plan to get our tree this coming weekend. Perhaps pulling out all of the fun ornaments we have collected over the years and smelling the familiar scent of our Noble fir will make the visions sugar plums start to dance in my head.

A visit from ol' Jack Frost might help too. After all, what good is it to live in a snowy town if it doesn't snow at Christmastime!?

No comments: