Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Lofty Find

Thrift store shopping is a hit-or-miss adventure. When shopping in consignment shops, second hand stores or Goodwill, I have a very discerning eye. My careful choosing has rewarded me with an azure blue %100 cashmere cardigan for $18, a wool/angora blend J. Crew sweater for $3.99, and an Ann Taylor skirt for $6.99. Not bad if I do say so myself!

This last weekend I had a blast doing some thrift store shopping with my mom and sisters. And it proved to be quite fruitful ...


Allow me to present my Ann Taylor LOFT boots. A great find at $7.50, they are in amazing condition and I feel very lucky that they fit my big flippers.

There are only minor scuffs, mostly on the toe. All of my other leather shoes/boots have scuffs on the toe so I'm not worried about a little bit of wear.


The low heal and tapered toe make these boots stylish, but so that I can still chase after my kids in them. And surprisingly, they fit very well around my ridiculously skinny calves where most boots are too big.

These soft leather beauties are proof there one woman's trash is another woman's treasure!

No comments: