Thursday, May 6, 2010

Herb Of Remembrance



As much as I don't like to admit it, I was not born with a green thumb.  It is kind of expected around here that if I bring a plant home, I will inevitably kill it.  I choose low maintenance plants like petunias, chives and orchids - all of which are hearty and can withstand a little neglect.


Yesterday I was inspired to buy a rosemary plant which I will replant somewhere in my yard.  It is known as the "herb of remembrance".  Perhaps because it is so fragrant, it is hard to forget.  I look forward to chopping a little of this up (along with the German thyme I purchased) and put it in some bread that I bake. Yeah, I look forward to that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go water the thyme now ... I'm fairly certain it is starting to wither.

No comments: