Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drifting Along

What can I say, I'm on a knitting kick ... once again!  Now that "Swan Lake" is all finished up, I've decided to switch gears a little bit and work with some really BIG yarn!  I'm talking roving type yarn here.  The Rowan Kidsilk Haze that I had been working with was so light and thin (imagine knitting with a spider web) that using this new yarn is the complete opposite as it is thick and fluffy (like knitting with a cloud).


Rowan Drift is 100% merino wool and I chose this variegated shade called "Fire".  Isn't it brilliant!?  I am working on a short-sleeved cardigan from French Girl Knits that has a beautiful horseshoe lace pattern.  Fall may be a ways off, but this piece is sure to be ready when the weather cools down.


Good golly this is gorgeous stuff ... though admittedly a little warm to be knitting with in 90° weather!  But I can just imagine myself frolicking amongst the pumpkin patch in October, donning this sweet little sweater.  

Ah lovely Autumn, you are welcome here.

No comments: