Friday, September 24, 2010

L'automne, L'AUTOMNE!



I found this two-sided flash card at Prize in Ashland.  I'm guessing that it was used as far back as the 1950s, and I love the vintage colors and simple drawing.  I may not have studied French in grade school, but this card somehow transports me to my younger years. 

It also makes me wish I had some deciduous trees growing in my yard so that I would have leaves to rake followed by a cup of hot apple cider.  Instead, I will gaze upon this card and let the word "l'automne" roll off my tongue ... l'automne, L'AUTOMNE!  I also have a flash card that says "le train", but somehow it lacks the drama that "l'automne" does.

Automne heureux (happy autumn), everybody!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ca-uteness! It's adorable on it's own, but somehow being French ... tres chic.