Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Yarn That Keeps On Giving

Since my interest in knitting has grown, so has my stash of leftover yarn.  What does one do with odds and ends of sock yarn, and especially entire skeins of somewhat expensive luxury yarn?  It turns out that Ravelry is a great place to sell or trade stashes.

I had posted on Ravelry that I had two skeins of my Rowan Kidsilk Haze left after completing my "Swan Lake" Gathered Pullover, and was willing to part with it.  I actually didn't expect a response, but someone contacted me and was interested in making a trade.  In return for my yarn, I got two skeins of Rowan Big Wool in Tricky (a discontinued color), a variegated chunky pink yarn that will be perfect for a little shrug for my daughter.


What a great way to nudge a good knitting project to becoming realized!  And I must confess, it was pure joy to open up the package that had come in the mail, and laying eyes on the cheerful rosy hue of the contents.  Yay, new yarn for me!

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

That yarn is luscious... reminds me of raspberry sherbet and girlhood fingernail polish and wild berry candy! I can't wait to see the shrug, and your daughter wearing it. She will sparkle.