Monday, July 21, 2008

Do Blondes Have More Fun?

Sometimes I just want a change. A look that is very different from my own. I often wonder what I would look like as a blonde or a redhead. How would short hair look on me? Should I grow my hair out and go for that Gisele Bundchen beach hair?

I have a scheduled hair appointment coming up in August and I keep thinking that a more drastic change would be nice for fall. I usually get my hair cut like this:




The Jennifer Aniston sleek bob

As I have grown older and perhaps wiser, I have determined a few things that do and don’t work for me. I have straight hair, so I look best with sleek styles. A forehead full of thick bangs does not look attractive on me. And I would never have the guts to actually go blonde.

As I started thinking about what styles I might try, I went to the
InStyle magazine website and found this great Hollywood Hair Makeover tool so I could “try on” different styles. It is easy; I just registered, uploaded a photo of me, and began trying on the styles of the stars. I can even change the hair color and add highlights. Here are a few styles that I found to be most interesting:

BLONDE


This Kate Bosworth style is as blonde as it gets. Yikes!


Amy Adams strawberry blonde - my husband really likes this one!

LONG




I like this Rachel Bilson style, I darkened the color to see if I could pull it off.



Gwyneth Paltrow is very blonde, so I darkened this one.


EDGY


This one looks great on Posh Spice - and hilarious on me!

My daugher said "Whoa, that's crazy!"



Katie Holmes hair - see what I mean about the heavy bangs on me?



I actually sort of like this Rhianna cut, but being an uptight designer, the asymmetry would drive me crazy!


These styles are fun and it is great to see how I would look with them, but most of them require too much maintenance or growing out. Unfortunately, I still don’t know what to do. I keep thinking about going shorter and darker like this:



But then, I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow.

4 comments:

heather said...

This is hilarious! I love seeing you with all these different styles. I went brown this last Spring. I have always been a natural blonde, with a touch of red as I have gotten older. I have enjoyed the brown, but M, who usually likes whatever I do to my hair, was not so fond of the brown. Hair is so fun to experiment with.

Kelly said...

"Trying on" different hairstyles and experimenting IS fun. I do the same thing with choosing paint for a room. I will often digitally "paint" a room to see if the color will work. I guess I am a bit of a control freak!

heather said...

Well, maybe you are a control freak, but maybe you just want to make a good and wise decision. And trying things out in a "safe" way is helpful in finding out what will really work out.

It is funny you mention paint...I am currently debating some paint colors. I thought I had my colors all figured out and now I am changing my mind again. Pretty soon, I will just have to commit to something!

PeePaw said...

Wow! Trying on hair do's like pants or shoes! That is a cool idea! Too bad hiar places don't have yur skills.