Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's Only Been a Month

Today I did nothing. Well, actually I did clean the kitchen, play with my son, and give my daughter a bath, but other than that I did nothing. I haven't been feeling too well the last couple of days - Fibromyalgia flare-up - and haven't had the energy to do much. So I basically watched movies on TV all day. In a way it was nice because I don't ever have the opportunity to do nothing. Today's circumstances allowed me to not feel obligated to work, do the laundry, clean the house, or entertain. My husband and daughter went on a day trip and I stayed home with my son.

Unless I give a rundown of all of the movies I watched and the things I ate, there isn't much to say. So now is a great time to give an update on things.

In My Latest Experiments I wrote about my herb plant. I am proud to say that it is still alive! We have enjoyed the basil and chives and even a little bit of the cilantro. There was a close call where we thought it wasn't going to survive but we moved it to get more water and it's fine. Our daughter is now earning an allowance and has many things in mind as to what she wants to buy. At 25 cents a week it will take her a while to purchase that Disney Princess Polly Pocket set!

I wrote in The Ups and Downs of Online Buying that I ordered a book from the Amazon Marketplace after having a bad experience with another order. Well I am pleased to say that my book arrived in great time and in great shape. I have not had time to really go through the book, but as I do I will have more to say about it.

My kids are so good about getting shots. I am not so good. I recently had blood drawn at a health assessment fair at my husband's work. I get so nervous when I see the needle. I react more to when it goes into my arm. I still have a giant olive green bruise from that fun little experience.

I still have no idea how to cut my hair. I have found that my hair always looks wonderful and shiny on the day I go in to get it cut, and then I end up going for the same old style. My husband says I should just cut it short and get it over with. I think he is just tired of hearing me stressing over it.

Well, there you go; my update. I love having a blog where I can look back on all of the stuff I have written and see how things have changed. And to think it's only been a month.

No comments: