Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mmmmm ... October

Today is the first day of October - my favorite month. Why, do you ask? I don't know really, maybe it's because I like orange. Or perhaps it is when I start longing for the holidays. Mostly I think it is because I associate it with clove and cinnamon, pumpkins and fog. And admittedly I like Halloween. I don't like the scary and evil side of the day, but I love the costumes and trick-or-treating. I want my kids to enjoy the fun of Halloween without getting caught up in all of the darkness.
This year my daughter is going to be Tinkerbell. I am trying to figure out the best way to make her costume ... she is very good with detail and will tell me if something isn't right. For example, she told me that her hair isn't as blond as Tinkerbell and wants to know what we are going to do about that. I really haven't thought that far ahead. My son is going to be a pirate, and he isn't nearly as picky.
The weather is finally starting to cool down now and last week my husband took a camera outside with the kids and started clicking away while the sun was still out. I don't have much else to say other than if it is illegal to think your own kids are the most adorable things ever, then lock me up right now!

Yup, he's pretty darn adorable!

Have you ever seen Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book? This reminds me of one of those pressed fairies! I love this picture!

Artsy fartsy photo. I love his face.

Uh oh, way too pretty. She is NEVER allowed to date!

1 comment:

Zil said...

The kids are the most beautiful; a fact not a thought!