Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh, Baby!

A brand new baby - is there anything sweeter? I think not! The birth of a baby is a great way to bring family together and nothing makes me swoon like the scent of a baby's head or a sleeping cherub face. I am so grateful that I got my baby fix this last weekend when I went to see my newborn nephew.
This little guy sure did keep everyone is suspense as labor started, then stalled, started back up, slowed and then it sped back up! I am in awe of my sister-in-law who spent over 24 hours having labor pains and contractions, gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby boy, and was up and moving around shortly after his birth! Amazing!
Here are some images from the first leg of our vacation. Also pictured are his older sisters and brother (oh, and his Aunt Kelly is in there too):

My nephew was born on March 28, 2009 at 6:19 pm. We hoped to be up in Portland by the time he arrived, but since he had plans of his own, we were probably eating dinner in Bend at the time. We did make it to the hospital by 10:00 pm and I was stunned at how little he was. He also looked so much like his older brother but with darker hair. What a handsome little guy!

No comments: