Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Honeymooniversary - City By The Bay

Long time, no blog! The thing is, I have been out of town and doing so much that there hasn't been time to even check my e-mail, let alone blog. Celebrating ten glorious years with my husband, we escaped to the Bay Area for some good food, great wine, a taste of city life and quality time together. We called this weekend "Honeymooniversary" since it really was like a second honeymoon.

Day 1

Our first destination was San Francisco. Our flight from Oregon left at 6:00 am, which meant that we actually had an aerial view of the Golden Gate Bridge as the sun was rising. It was beautiful to say the least! From the time we arrived, everything fell into place: our baggage was easy to find, there was a (desperately needed) Starbucks near the baggage claim, there was no hassle getting our rental car, and the weather was gorgeous! Our first plan was to go to the Fisherman's Wharf area to get a little breakfast and wander around Pier 39.

Tourists weren't the only ones hanging around this popular attraction!

We were treated to perfect views of Alcatraz as the weather was cloudless and in the 60s.

My husband really likes boats, and there were ample opportunities to photograph them.

We walked miles that day as we ducked in and out of shops and eateries. And I am not ashamed to say that our lunch was an ice cream sundae at, where else, Ghirardelli Square!

The weather was so sunny and breezy, I decided I needed to buy a hat to wear for our continued journey. I will always remember this day when I wear it.

Our first day ended with a hearty dinner at Johnny Foley's Irish House and a bedtime of 9:15. Hey, we were up at 3:30 that morning so restful sleep was welcomed!

No comments: