Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How To Be Popular


I have discovered the secret to popularity. I know how to obtain the love and respect of your family. If you try this method, you are guaranteed total adoration.

It's simple: Make this pizza.

It must have been all of the rest that I got over the weekend, but I was inspired to create an amazing feast for my family. There is a pizza place in Corvallis, Oregon that is rather well known called
American Dream Pizza. It seems whenever I go to visit with family there, we enjoy their fabulous food. I've decided my favorite is their "Tejano", a BBQ chicken pizza with ingredients that just mesh well together. So, I decided to make one of my own, and boy did it yield great results!


Kelly's BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 pizza crust (I made my own, but store bought is fine too. I used
this recipe)
sprinkling of corn meal
olive oil

1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used
Stubb's which is a little more gourmet even if found at the grocery store)
2 roasted chicken breasts, 1" cubes
1/2 tsp Italian herbs

1 cup smoked gouda cheese

1 cup fontina cheese

1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced

cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place cubed chicken in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce and Italian seasonings. Stir together to coat chicken.
When the pizza dough is prepared, roll out into 14" circle at a 1/4" thickness. Sprinkle corn meal onto pizza pan and place dough on top; drizzle dough with olive oil. Spread out desired amount of BBQ sauce; sprinkle fontina cheese evenly; top with cubed chicken; sprinkle smoked gouda evenly and distribute onion slices. If you have garlic salt, shake a little on the outer edge of the crust for great flavor. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. If you have acquired a taste for it, sprinkle some cilantro on the top for added color and flavor.

Slice up the pizza and serve. Expect lots of wide eyes and compliments.



I served our pizza with a fresh green salad and for the adults a peppery Zinfandel. It was a seriously awesome meal and miracles even took place: my son ate all of his salad without prompting, just so he could have more pizza. Making me the most popular person in the house.

1 comment:

Zil said...

This makes me hungry!