Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons ...


Around here we never really did have a spring.  And suddenly it is summer now, which means that I have allergies - to what, specifically, I'm not sure.  My mom told me to try honey and lemon to soothe a sore throat and hey, it works pretty well!  I just eyeball my desired amount of honey into a teacup and squeeze some fresh lemon in there and add hot water.  Stir and viola - a delicious hot drink to calm my poor throat.

It has also been the perfect afternoon "tea" for when I am trying to avoid caffeine.

3 comments:

heather said...

M makes the same thing for me when I have a sore throat and I now make it for the kids. His mom used to make it for him. Simple and tasty!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

If you can get your hands on some local honey, that just might help with your allergies too.

Anna said...

Honey and lemon ... a divine combination. And when sipped from a gorgeous poppy vessel? Even better.