Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Awesomeness On A Plate

If you are looking for a light, low calorie and fat free recipe ... then DON'T make this one!  But if you are looking for something that is so unbelievably delicious, that it will cause guests and family to make a mad dash for the kitchen in hopes of scoring seconds, then this is the recipe for you!


I had pulled out my trusty recipe box in hopes of finding something that would use up some ingredients I had on hand.  I settled on Impossible Quiche because I had everything for it and it didn't look like it took too much energy to prepare.  Well, let me just say that after one bite, my husband looked me square in the eyes and said "THIS is really good!"  And he was right.


Impossible Quiche by Berta Lee

3 eggs
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup milk
dash of pepper

Mix the above ingredients until silky smooth, or run in blender for a few seconds.  Pour into greased pie pan.  Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese of choice and any vegetables or meat you wish (I sauteed onions, bacon and mushrooms together; and added fresh thyme and scallions).  Push down in pan.  Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.  Allow to set 10 minutes before cutting.


During the baking process, the eggs fluff up, the cheese melts on the top, and the Bisquick forms a crust on the bottom.  This is basically a heart attack on a plate (think loads of butter and cheese), but serve with fresh fruit or a salad and it pretty much cancels out all of the fat ... right?

1 comment:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I've had this before and it IS good! Perfect for a brunch menu, too.