Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Autumnal Splendor Spiral Cowl


The amount of time it took me to knit this cowl is ridiculous!  It was not difficult or particularly time consuming, but with all of the change going on in my life I found it difficult to concentrate.  


I wanted to give a hand knit gift to my friend for her birthday.  Something that is in a neutral color, high quality, and wearable even in the sunny state of California (it gets cold there once in a while, right?).  I settled on this spiral cowl and used up some tweedy yarn left over from my Tangled Yoke Cardigan.  The result is this simple, fashionable and elegant cowl!


Pattern: Spiral Cowl by Keri McKiernan. 

Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed in Seafarer.

Time Elapsed: really I couldn't say, what with all of the picking up, moving, and losing of things going on!

Modifications/Notes: I followed the pattern exactly as written, and added a beautiful leather wrapped button.


3 comments:

Zil said...

That's a lovely piece! And, a good color of lipstick on you.

Kelly said...

Thank you!! And the lip color is my own concoction of two shades :)

Anna said...

Oh, sweet knitted gorgeousness!

(And I concur ... great set of lips you're sportin' there!)