Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back Off! They're MINE!

You know that slogan "Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger"?  Well, that is how I feel about some new snack chips that I have discovered.


I first had these while camping with my sister.  She handed me a snack-size bag of them, and instantly I was hooked!  Then I saw these chips for sale at Costco and I didn't hesitate to throw a hurkin' bag of them in my cart.  SO GOOD!

What makes these so special is not how good they taste, but that they taste good AND they are made of whole grains.  These RiceWorks chips are made of brown rice and have some sesame seeds thrown in as well.  Now, I don't have a problem with gluten personally, but they make a great snack for anyone on a gluten-free diet (they are also Vegan and Kosher).  They seriously taste like Doritos except without the guilt.  Well, maybe a little guilt since I can't stop eating them!  They make me want to hide them, hoard them, and foam at the mouth when anyone tries to eat them.  A little obsessive I know, but that's just the way it is.

I have only tried the Sweet Chili flavor, but I have a feeling that the Salsa Fresca and Tangy BBQ are right up my alley.

Now that you know how I feel about them, please do not be offended if I yell: BACK OFF!  THEY'RE MINE!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I, too, am a fellow food-hoarder. My current obsession? Blueberries.

Back off, family. They're mine, all mine ... bwaaahaaahaaa...

Unknown said...

I had to laugh when I read this just now as yesterday at Costco I tried these as a sample and then threw that big bag in my cart :)! They are SO good. Now I just have to practice self-control and not eat them all gone.