Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Unintended Intermission

I'm back from my unplanned and unintended break from blogging.  I have thought often why it is that I haven't posted in a while.  Am I uninspired?  Too busy?  Distracted?  I think it is a combination of these things.  My body is sore, and my mind isn't focusing very well on any one task these days (and no, I'm NOT pregnant).  Life since the move has changed dramatically, and I find myself doing things rather than writing things.  I'm not too thrilled with myself for letting things go, but the reality is that my creativity and drive ebbs and flows.  And I'm still waiting for it to flow ...

Incidentally, reading is another area that has also stalled in my life.  Boo.

On a positive note, one thing I have picked up again after several months is my knitting.  Oh how I have missed the feel of yarn spooling through my fingers!  Back in March I started a pair of socks but got kind of bored with them.  I'm sure I'll pick them up in the Fall when the weather cools down again, but for now I am enjoying a light-weight striped cardigan.  The tonal yarn and repetitive pattern keeps my interest but I don't have to concentrate on it too hard.

I've had my eye on some deep yellow hued yarn for sometime and am thrilled to finally work with it.  I predict this color combination and fine gauge will make the perfect sweater for every season.

So ... you see, I'm still here.  Really.  I am.

No comments: