Friday, October 24, 2008

Student of the Month

Okay, this one is for the grandparents ...

Yesterday when the mail arrived I noticed a letter from my daughter's preschool. I knew it wasn't a bill because it was on formal stationery. It turns out that my little girl was selected by her teachers as "Student of the Month"! I am so proud! What this means is that she will receive a special certificate that will be awarded to her on November 2nd. Apparently she is a very good student, is sweet-hearted, and does what her teachers ask (of course I already knew this).

On a slightly different subject, today was the last day for school pictures. There weren't many people to photograph, and because my daughter wasn't feeling too well she got to hang out with me today. She helped to gather kids to get their portraits taken, she passed out stickers, and was a big help in getting kids to smile as she laughed at the photographers silly antics. Much to my delight I think she liked hanging out with Mom today.

If we still live in this town when my son starts preschool I will definitely take him to the same school. They have an excellent staff and genuinely caring teachers. I can't wait to see what he will be like at four years old. What great kids I have!

3 comments:

Zil said...

I am sure this award is the first of many to come! Tell her Mamaw is very proud of her!

PeePaw said...

I agree with Mamaw ... This is the first of many. Peepaw is very proud of her as well. Will you make sure she knows that?

Kelly said...

I told her how proud you both are. She knows how proud we are too!