Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Cup of Tea


Ahhh, tea. I love it! It's gotten to the point where I feel almost naked without a cup of hot liquid in my hand. While I love coffee, tea is milder and easier on my sensitive stomach. So, I thought I would mention a few of my favorites ... just in case anyone would like to know.

Black
My favorite kind of tea is black tea. English Breakfast, Darjeeling, Ceylon, and my ultimate choice is Irish Breakfast. I have found that with black tea I prefer a loose leaf and The Republic of Tea is a great choice. This brand has some interesting flavor blends like Blackberry Sage, Cinnamon Plum, and an unbelievable Ginger Peach. But I am happiest with plain old black.

Green
I don't drink green tea very often because a lot of the time it tastes "mossy" to me. However, Yogi tea has a light flavor with a hint of mint that makes it quite delicious. Yogi also has tea that they blend with antioxidants and echinacea, which is great when you have a cold. Tazo is probably my favorite tea company. Their green tea blend, Zen, is delightful.

Herbal
What can I say, I like the caffeinated teas the best. I am not a big fan of fruity or floral teas, but sometimes I want a hot cup before bed and I know that I have to be careful with the caffeine content at night. So, I love love LOVE Wild Sweet Orange herbal infusion by Tazo. It is not an orange spice tea, but rather sweet and tart and full of strong citrus tang. I never thought orange and spearmint would be so good together ... but it IS!


Mmm, all this talk about tea is making me thirsty. I think I'll put the kettle on and enjoy some Wild Sweet Orange right now. And I would recommend taking a gander at the Tazo website, I find it inspiring, informative, and beautiful.

No comments: