Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Hanged My Hair in Shame

Here's a fun little scenario. Imagine it's 6:30 am and as you get out of bed to take a shower, you hear that your husband is already in the shower ... running an hour late! So, since you need to have your daughter at school by 8:30, you decide there is no time for a shower and instead brush through your hair and throw a little makeup on. But your hair doesn't look good and it's obvious you have had a rough morning as you venture out into below freezing temperatures.

Deciding you have to stop at the store to buy a hat for your son and snow mittens for your daughter, you brave the strong winds and stinging snow to get into the dreaded Wal-Mart of all places. Then as if that isn't bad enough ... you run into your hair stylist near electronics ... and your hair is unwashed, unkempt, and you haven't had her cut it since June! Imagine the awkwardness.

In case you haven't guessed, this happened to me.

I wanted to tell her that I haven't been back to her, not because she has done a bad job or because I am going to someone else, but because I keep forgetting to make an appointment. Oh, and I'm lazy. But I didn't tell her this. She's probably thinking to herself that I have moved on ... and whomever is currently cutting my hair is doing a REALLY bad job.

No comments: