Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Do I idealize Christmas. You betcha! But really not in a bad way because with kids and unpredictable weather I have learned not to set my expectations too high.

Today, however, was almost one of those ideal December days. We took the kids sledding and didn't have to go too far since our neighborhood is covered in snow. Here are some fun shots from our day in the white stuff:


After sledding we headed back to the house for some hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies. What could be better than that? Well, perhaps that I got to wear my newly finished scarf ... that made it pretty great. Plus, I was having a good hair day and those should always be celebrated!



Oh, and listening to the Children's Introduction to the Nutcracker Suite on our record player.



So why was this day only almost perfect? Well, a trip out into the wintry weather to go grocery shopping wasn't exactly ideal. However, it did give me the great idea of inventing snow chains for shopping carts!

2 comments:

mkdeal@q.com said...

Wow it looks like you all did have loads of fun! Your scarf looks awesome! It is always so much fun to get to use your own creations!

As far as chains for shopping carts! I am with you there, it is awful!

Kelly said...

Thank you! I am pretty proud of my scarf and LOVE to wear it ... even inside!

My husband told me that actually chains are not what the carts need, but rather bigger tires to get through the snow. Whatever, snow chains for shopping carts sound much cooler than bigger tires!