I have enjoyed the journey into the blog world. I am inspired by other blogs. I love to read up on how friends are doing. And I love to fuss around with the graphics on my page. I admit that my favorite is my ever changing "Kelly blog paper doll"; changing her clothes and expression is a complete waste of time and a lot of fun to do.
And now as it is the new year I am thinking about starting fresh and setting goals. Now I am not going to list my resolutions because I don't make them. The way I see it is that it just sets me up for failure ... and then I'll read about my failures because I listed them ... and then I'll feel bad that I failed. I will, however, post a to-do list that I can actually do (I was inspired by the "Reality Check" page in Real Simple Magazine).
Kelly's Totally Accomplishable To-Do List:
- Wake up and immediately grumble something about coffee.
- Do everything in my power to avoid blow-drying my hair .
- Check my e-mail, Facebook and blog at least 15 times a day.
- Call my son "Mr. Handsome" and my daughter "Bear" at least once.
- Procrastinate cleaning the kitchen, but eventually get to it.
- Make some snarky remark about the ridiculously slow driver in front of me.
- Find the only source of chocolate in the house and deplete it.
- Forget to charge my cell phone.
- Wish I was sipping mineral water at a Paris cafe while gnawing on a baguette sandwich.
- Put off doing actual work or anything business related.
- Stare at my cluttered office and think I should organize it, then go check my Facebook.
- Try not to get sucked in to a rerun of CSI.
- Try to solve the crime on CSI.
- Plan to go to the gym after husband gets home.
- Get too involved in something at home to go to the gym ... completely by accident of course!
- Sip a little glass of wine while making dinner.
- Listen to daughter complain that she doesn't like dinner.
- Put kids to bed and give them lots of kisses.
- Decide whether to knit or read until bed.
- Forget to wash my face before bed.
- Try to name all 50 of the state capitals when I can't get to sleep.
See, I know I can look back on this list that I posted and feel really good about my accomplishments!