Monday, August 8, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys


Growing up with sisters, and my only cousin being a girl, I was never fully exposed to boys and how they play.  Yes, I have a son and he does boy things, but he can also be found dressed up in the occasional princess dress by his older sister.  So when I see a whole pack of lads racing around the backyard in Power Wheels or jumping on the trampoline with endless energy, I am completely fascinated.



Over the weekend my sister-in-law and her family came for a visit.  We had awesome food and great conversation, but I'd have to say the best part was watching the boys be boys.  Armed with the most random of things - a plastic hardhat, some rain boots, and an arsenal of super cool sound effects noises, my son and his cousins ran about the backyard for hours.  My husband chased them around the lawn, flinging them up into the air.  They took turns running into bushes with the Hummer.  And by the end of the evening you could practically count the number of tumbles and trips and falls they took with two hands, but those would never hamper the boys' fun for long.


After our guests departed this morning, my son was still on a high from all of the playing.  By the early evening he had fallen asleep on the couch.  And I suspect tomorrow he'll be asking how many minutes it will be until he gets to see his cousins again.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Awesome photos! What a great time we had seeing you all. I'm sorry you weren't well to do round two, but we are looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks!