Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back To School

Summer vacation is over and it was a pretty easy going (lazy) few months.  The funny thing is, I considered getting up at 7:30 every morning to be getting up "early".  Well, our daily schedule had definitely changed around here as the new school year has begun.  Now my day begins at 6:15.



My little second-grader, ready to learn and make some friends.






The morning rush includes walking my kids to school.    I'm happy to do it, I need the exercise.


My daughter had her first day yesterday and my son, today.  That means ... I had FOUR hours to myself!  I have waited for this day for SO long.  What did I do with all of that time alone?  Well, I had thoughts of treating myself to a Starbucks, or taking a walk, or catching up on unwatched recorded television shows; but instead I savored the silence, edited photos, and caught up on some paper work.  In the silence.  Did I mention there was silence?  Glorious!



You may not be able to tell, but my son really was excited for his first day of preschool.  Really he was.  This is his "I-know-you-are-taking-a-picture-of-me-so-I-am-going-to-be-as-awkward-as-possible" look.  What can I say ... he's four.




Ha ha!  But I snapped this while he was laughing at a funny face he had just made!

Figuring out our new schedule and the best routes to school might take a little time, but ultimately I am thrilled that school is back in session.  Now I'm just waiting for Friday when I can savor four hours of silence once again!

No comments: