Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Dozen Years



On Saturday, September 3rd the husband and I celebrated 12 years of marriage!  When I think of the number of years since our wedding, it seems like such a long time - yet I remember 1999 so vividly that it's hard to believe that much time has passed.


I definitely feel older and more mature, which undoubtedly comes from having two children.  We've lived in four different towns since our nuptials, each place somewhere I never would have expected to live in.  And each year the Lord has blessed us in ways we cannot begin to count.  


We celebrated our big day by visiting my favorite spot - Ashland - where we popped in and out of shops and had a fabulous Italian dinner in the restaurant's brick courtyard.  We had our kids with us, which doesn't make for the most romantic of celebrations, but we didn't want the day to pass without acknowledging the occasion.


Photo courtesy of my daughter, taken in Lithia Park, Ashland, OR - September 3, 2011


It has been an amazing 12 years and I'm looking forward to the next dozen ...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Congrats to the beautiful couple with the lovely family. I see that Erin is a photographer in training as well!! :)