Thursday, September 1, 2011

Livin'

Egads!  Where did the time go?  I see that it's been some time since my last post, but it doesn't seem that long. Perhaps it's because instead of writing about what I've been up to, I've been so busy livin' it! 


These last couple of weeks have included lots of trips and activities.  School clothes shopping at Old Navy was easy and quick - $10 jeans can't be beat!  School supply shopping is done.  A two-night trip to the lake got camping out of our system for the year.  And for one last hoorah ... a trip to the coast with family!


The weather in Newport was spectacular!  It felt a little strange playing on the beach when on the other side of the country Hurricane Irene was wreaking havoc on several states.

 Digging in the sand, kite flying, and searching for shells provided hours of entertainment.






 We (along with family on my husband's side) stayed in a house on the bay, not far from the jetty.  This group shot of the kids in quite indicative of their personalities right now.  Funny how the girls ham it up for the camera while the boys avoid it!  The Yaquina Bay bridge (in the background) will celebrate it's 75th anniversary on September 6th.  When the tide was low, I saw people wandering underneath it, digging for clams in the sand.


So now as it is September 1st and school will start up again next week, I look back on our summer with approval. And I am now wholeheartedly ready to take on fall!

No comments: